Kelly is chair of DBL Law’s Employment Law practice which represents private and public employers in all facets of employment law. Her practice includes advising clients on compliance with various employment matters and providing in-house training on such issues. Kelly has experience working with the EEOC, DOL, DOJ, Kentucky Commission on Human Rights, Kentucky Labor Cabinet, Ohio Civil Rights Commission, as well as litigating cases in federal and state courts. She also drafts employment and non-compete agreements, with an emphasis on health care provider and physician agreements. Kelly advises companies on I-9 compliance, performs I-9 audits, conducts harassment investigations, drafts employee handbooks and employment policies and provides training on all aspects of employment law. She represents and volunteers with non-profit clients, and represents educational institutions and healthcare entities. Kelly was featured as a subject matter expert on WVXU Cincinnati, speaking on the history of the Americans with Disabilities Act and the impact it has had. Listen to podcast here.
Kelly represents families on adoptions, as well as advising on wills, trusts and estate planning. She also specializes in R-1 visas and permanent residence petitions for religious workers and marriage-based petitions.
She has successfully defended clients in the following:
- Summary judgment in age discrimination case and breach of contract by Ohio federal court, affirmed by the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals and writ of certiorari denied by U.S. Supreme Court
- Represented companies in temporary injunctions on non-compete agreements in Ohio and Kentucky state courts
- Prevailed before a jury trial on age discrimination claim and retaliation claim in Ohio state court
- Two summary judgment motions granted in cases involving disability discrimination in federal courts in Kentucky, both affirmed by the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals and writ of certiorari denied by U.S. Supreme Court
- Summary judgment obtained in age discrimination case in Kentucky federal court
- Summary judgment obtained in sexual harassment, disability discrimination and retaliation case in Kentucky state court
- Summary judgment obtained in race discrimination case in Kentucky state court
- Summary judgment in sexual harassment claim in federal court
- Prevailed before a jury trial on retaliation a claim in Kentucky federal court
- Numerous successful mediations with the EEOC and private mediators
- Favorable defense verdict reached before a bench trial on breach of contract and fraud, affirmed by the Kentucky Court of Appeals
- Obtained temporary injunction on several non-compete cases
Kelly resides in Cincinnati, Ohio with her husband and four children.