DBL Law is a full service law firm providing premier legal services and business advice in a
collaborative manner with integrity, professionalism and respect as a strategic partner with
Depth And Breadth Of Experience
Our attorneys provide a high level of valuable legal services to private individuals, institutions and companies in many industries and areas of law including:
A Tradition Of Excellence
Celebrating over 60 years of excellence, DBL Law is the largest Northern Kentucky-based law firm and one of the largest firms in Greater Cincinnati and Louisville. In addition to practicing law, DBL Law attorneys contribute to legal publications, lecture on practice-related topics, act as expert witnesses and help improve our community by serving on the boards of numerous charitable and non-profit organizations. For more details on the attorneys of DBL Law, click on an individual’s name on our Attorney Profiles page.
Elite Member of GGI
We are proud to be a selected member of GGI, Geneva Group International, which is one of the top ten worldwide alliances of independent, well-established and experienced accounting, consulting and law firms, committed to providing clients with specialist solutions for their national and international business requirements. As a member, all included firms are locally based and indigenous to their areas, providing the highest level of professionalism and expertise when it comes to knowledge of local business practices, laws and customs.
Awards and Recognition
DBL Law’s tradition of excellence is underscored by numerous professional awards for the firm and individual attorneys. Below is a sampling of these awards.
- Attorneys Mark and Casey (Thomas) Guilfoyle were honored as Bishop William A. Hughes Awards recipients by Thomas More University on September 27. The Bishop Hughes Award was established in 1996 to honor individuals who have made significant contributions to Catholic higher education.
Photo Credit: Thomas More University Interim President Dr. Kathleen Jagger presents Casey and Mark Guilfoyle with a 2018 Bishop A. Hughes Award. (photo courtesy of Bruce Crippen from Bruce Crippen Photography).
- U.S. News & World Report – Best Lawyers 2018 Best Law Firm Rankings has named DBL Law to the “Best Law Firms” list. DBL Law received Tier 1 rankings in the areas of Administrative/Regulatory Law and Health Care Law; as well as high rankings in Banking & Finance Law, Commercial Litigation and Criminal Defense: White Collar. DBL Law has been consecutively named to the list since the publication’s inception in 2010.
- Bob Hoffer was honored by the Kenton County Fiscal Court as one of its 2018 Pioneer Award recipients. The Pioneer Award was established to honor living residents of the county for outstanding service to the community and who exemplify the highest standards of personal integrity. The Award honors those who demonstrate servant leadership combined with an awareness of the needs of fellow residents.
Photo Credit: Sara M. Sgantas
- DBL Law has consistently been named one of the Top 100 Workplaces in the region by the Cincinnati Enquirer and the national surveying firm Workplace Dynamics.
Individual Attorney Awards Best Lawyers in America ®
- DBL Managing Partner Jim Dressman and fellow partners Gerry Benzinger, Mark Guilfoyle, Ellie Houston, Matt Klein and Kent Wicker have been selected as Best Lawyers for 2018.
2018 Super Lawyers Kentucky Super Lawyers include:
- Mark D. Guilfoyle – Administrative Law, Employment & Labor
- Robert M. Hoffer – Employment & Labor, Health Care
- David V. Kramer – Personal Injury Medical Malpractice, Health Care, Appellate
- Richard G. Meyer – Business Litigation, Construction Litigation
- Kelly Schoening Holden – Employment & Labor
- Elizabeth G. Weber – Bankruptcy
- Kent Wicker – Criminal Defense: White Collar, General Litigation, Health Care
2018 Kentucky Rising Stars
- Nicholas C. Birkenhauer – Employment & Labor
- David Dirr – Health Care
- Emily Kirtley Hanna – Creditor Debtor Rights
- Justin Knappick – Civil Litigation, Creditor Debtor Rights
- Christopher B. Markus – Civil Litigation, Personal Injury – Medical Malpractice, Construction Litigation
- Ryan M. McLane – Civil Litigation, Personal Injury – Medical Malpractice, Construction Litigation
2018 Ohio Rising Stars
- Kevin F. Hoskins – Business Litigation, Administrative Law, Employment Litigation
- Katie Cassidy Tranter – Employment and Labor
Individual community service awards and recognition can be found on the DBL attorney profiles.
Excellence in Service
DBL attorneys and staff carry on a tradition of dedicated service to a wide range of community organizations, including, but not limited to the following. Visit individual attorney bios for additional details.
- 3CDC – Cincinnati Center City Development Corporation
- Alliance for Catholic Urban Education
- American Heart Association
- Arthritis Foundation
- Baptist Health Foundation
- Boy Scouts of America, Dan Beard Council
- Brighton Center
- Care Net Pregnancy Services
- Catholic Inner-city Schools Education Fund (CISE)
- Children’s Home of Northern Kentucky
- Cincinnati Rotary Club
- Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber
- Crestview Hills City Council
- DCCH Center for Children and Families
- Diocese of Covington Catholic Charities
- Family Nurturing Center
- Fernside Cincinnati
- Freestore Foodbank
- Home of Innocents
- Junior Achievement of OKI Partners
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF)
- Kentucky Bar Association Judicial Ethics Committee
- Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
- KET (Kentucky Education Television)
- Kentucky Symphony Orchestra
- Kentucky Workforce Center
- Kentucky SHRM
- Legal Aid of the Bluegrass
- Life Learning Center
- Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
- Northern Kentucky Society for Human Resource Management
- Northern Kentucky Tri-ED
- Northern Kentucky University Foundation
- Northern Kentucky Volunteer Lawyers
- Notre Dame Academy
- Serra International
- St. Charles Care Center
- St. Claire Regional Medical Center
- St. Elizabeth Healthcare Foundation
- St. Vincent de Paul
- Thomas More College
- Welcome House of Northern Kentucky
DBL Law gives $1M to help hospital build cancer center
DBL Law has pledged to give $1 million to support building the St. Elizabeth Cancer Center in Edgewood. The gift provides a major boost to a $30 million capital campaign launched in August by the St. Elizabeth Foundation, which will support the $140 million construction project.
Women of Excellence
Highlights from the 2018 DBL Law Women of Excellence Signature client Thank You event.
Empowerment, support and advancement of women align with DBL Law’s commitment to diversity and inclusion. Our firm has a history of hiring, promoting and supporting women attorneys. DBL Law fully supports its Women of Excellence Initiative by sponsoring events geared toward professional women. The firm also recognizes the need for flexibility for all attorneys to achieve work life balance while meeting client needs and delivering excellent legal services.
The Women of DBL Law have developed the Women of Excellence Initiative to foster an environment that encourages and supports females. The Initiative has assisted our female attorneys in being leaders in the community and successfully partnering with many organizations. We pursue opportunities to invest in and engage with women, including:
- Hosting a Signature Fall event which provides a valuable opportunity for professional business engagement between our firm’s female law professionals and the female clients we serve.
- Offering targeted professional networking and development opportunities for female business professionals.
- Partnering with many community organizations including those committed to the inclusion and advancement of women, including:
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) Women’s Division
- Aviatra Accellerators
- BizWomen Cabinet, Cincinnati Business Courier
- Cincinnati Women’s Policy Circle
- CREW Network
- Girls on the Run
- NKY Chamber of Commerce Women’s Initiative
- Ohio Women’s Bar Association
- St Elizabeth Healthcare Foundation Gift of Health
- YWCA Greater Cincinnati Rising Stars
Meet the DBL Law Women of Excellence