|Consistently recognized as one of the Top 100 Workplaces in the region, DBL Law offers a pleasant working environment that’s built on teamwork among our legal service professionals. We are hardworking professionals taking a hands-on approach to working with our clients and are committed to upholding the highest standards for character and integrity.
When we have employment opportunities for attorneys, paralegals, legal secretaries, or support and administrative staff, we will list them on this page. You are also welcome to submit your resume at any time by email for our consideration.
The 2019 DBL Law Summer Associate Annual Outing featured a tour of Louisville’s Old Forester Distillery.
DBL Law, a full-service multi-office law firm, is seeking a Litigation Paralegal for the Crestview Hills, KY location. This position will provide paralegal support for the Litigation and Medical Malpractice Groups. The position offers competitive salary, good benefits and pleasant working conditions.
Successful candidates must be able to assist with all aspects of the litigation cycle including without limitation: discovery, document preparation, legal research, trial preparation and trial assistance. Excellent written and verbal communication, strong prioritization and organizational skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, strong critical thinking, ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities with short deadlines, and ability to work on a team in a dynamic environment are essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist attorneys in preparation for hearings and trials; assist with discovery; investigating facts; researching; and other miscellaneous duties
- Effectively prioritize work and monitor deadlines
- File and retrieve court documents electronically for State and Federal Court in Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana
- Track and type your time in LMS system
- Information Management:
- Organize, index and track files; maintain files which are organized chronologically, numerically and/or by subject matter
- Create, maintain, and retire files according to attorney/client preference
- Assist attorneys in managing client contacts, emails, and hard copy documents
- Research skills
- Analytical skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Planning and organizing
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in the following software applications:
- Microsoft Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook – be able to consistently style, format, edit, text, data or graphics resulting in a professional document for the client.
- Create spreadsheets and presentations
- Nuance PDF Converter – bates stamping, redaction and combining of pdfs
- Produce documents on CDs
- WorkSite/iManage – maintain client matter files in paper or electronically as directed by attorney, including the ability to scan and electronically hyperlink documents to indexes
- Records Retention – close files by scanning or shredding as appropriate
- Send secure emails via file transfer services
- Proofreading all documents for grammar, spelling, punctuation, format and content
- Maintains Client Confidential Information
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Professionalism, respect, flexibility and positive team attitude
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
DBL Law, Attention HR Manager, 207 Thomas More Parkway, Crestview Hills, KY 41017
Or via email to: Careers@dbllaw.com.
Summer Associate Program
Summer Associate Program
Every year, DBL visits a number of law schools and accepts resumes to help identify suitable candidates for our Summer Associate Program. We are not only looking to provide great experience and opportunity for individuals who have the potential for outstanding legal careers, but also who can deliver meaningful contributions to the firm, our clients and the community.
Ryan M. McLane, Partner at DBL Law and former Summer Associate
Law school does a fine job instructing students in the law and how to think like a lawyer. But, the practice of law must be learned through professional experience and insightful mentoring. DBL provided me both of these key ingredients to professional development during my time as a Summer Associate. The lawyers at DBL made a point to involve me in hearings, client meetings, depositions and a variety of professional and social events. But perhaps most importantly, I received truly thoughtful mentoring about how to practice law with integrity, responsibility and a dedication to excellence.
Nicholas C. Birkenhauer, Partner at DBL Law and former Summer Associate
My summer associate experience at DBL helped prepare me for the realities of practicing law. From day one, I assisted with meaningful legal research and document drafting projects. My input had a real bearing on our clients’ cases and I worked side-by-side with DBL attorneys in achieving positive outcomes for our clients. Once I began practicing, my experience as a summer associate allowed me to hit the ground running, proving that selecting the DBL summer associate program was one of the best career decisions I ever made.
Thank you for your interest. The hiring for our 2020 program is complete. Please check back for details on our Summer 2021 opportunities.
- Contact with firm clients and visits to client facilities
- Exposure to the court system
- Observation of closings, depositions, trials, arbitrations, mediations or oral arguments
- Opportunities to produce various legal documents that are reviewed and actually used for the benefit of clients
- Participation in a wide variety of research projects
- Opportunities to be exposed to many of the different practice areas within the firm
- Professional development and networking opportunities with clients and referral sources for the firm
- Experience and training with regard to timekeeping and billing; legal research and writing; and negotiation
We believe in providing substantive feedback to each Summer Associate on his/her performance and their progress over the course of the program. Throughout the summer, your firm mentors and practice group leaders will provide feedback on your performance on each project. In addition, you will receive a formal evaluation of your performance at the midpoint and conclusion of your summer employment. We also encourage Summer Associates to provide comments and feedback on any assignments or the Summer Program to their mentors.
We have three offices within the Greater Cincinnati and Greater Louisville market, so travel between the offices may vary depending on need.
Please submit your resume, law school transcript and cover letter to email@example.com to be considered for this annual program.