Consistently recognized as one of the Top 100 Workplaces in the region, DBL offers a pleasant working environment that’s built on teamwork among our legal service professionals. We are hardworking professionals taking a hands-on approach to working with our clients and are committed to upholding the highest standards for character and integrity.
When we have employment opportunities for attorneys, paralegals, legal secretaries, or support and administrative staff, we will list them on this page. You are also welcome to submit your resume at any time by email for our consideration.
DBL Law, a full-service multi-office law firm, is seeking a certified Litigation Paralegal for the Crestview Hills, KY location. This position will provide paralegal support for the Medical Malpractice Group.
Successful candidates must have 3 or more years of experience as a Litigation Paralegal preferably with Medical Malpractice experience. Excellent written and verbal communication, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, strong critical thinking, the ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities with short deadlines and to work well under pressure are required. The position offers competitive salary, good benefits and pleasant working conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect prepare and organize documents including chronologies and fact summaries as part of the Discovery process
- Analyze and summarize relevant data
- Reviewing medical records and files
- Assist in depositions
- Organize, update and assist in the preparation of pleadings, motions and subpoenas
- Prepare and organize trial exhibits
- Prepare supporting documentation for daily use at trial
- Assist in the preparation of visual aids
- Attend trials, hearings and arbitrations
- Assist in research
- Other duties as assigned
Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Associate Program
Every year, DBL visits a number of law schools and accepts resumes to help identify suitable candidates for our Summer Associate Program. We are not only looking to provide great experience and opportunity for individuals who have the potential for outstanding legal careers, but also who can deliver meaningful contributions to the firm, our clients and the community.
Ryan M. McLane, Associate at DBL Law and former Summer Associate
Law school does a fine job instructing students in the law and how to think like a lawyer. But, the practice of law must be learned through professional experience and insightful mentoring. DBL provided me both of these key ingredients to professional development during my time as a Summer Associate. The lawyers at DBL made a point to involve me in hearings, client meetings, depositions and a variety of professional and social events. But perhaps most importantly, I received truly thoughtful mentoring about how to practice law with integrity, responsibility and a dedication to excellence.
Nicholas C. Birkenhauer, Associate at DBL Law and former Summer Associate
My summer associate experience at DBL helped prepare me for the realities of practicing law. From day one, I assisted with meaningful legal research and document drafting projects. My input had a real bearing on our clients’ cases and I worked side-by-side with DBL attorneys in achieving positive outcomes for our clients. Once I began practicing, my experience as a summer associate allowed me to hit the ground running, proving that selecting the DBL summer associate program was one of the best career decisions I ever made.
Thank you for your interest. The hiring for our 2017 program is complete. Please consider checking back for future opportunities.
- Contact with firm clients and visits to client facilities
- Exposure to the court system
- Observation of closings, depositions, trials, arbitrations, mediations or oral arguments
- Opportunities to produce various legal documents that are reviewed and actually used for the benefit of clients
- Participation in a wide variety of research projects
- Opportunities to be exposed to many of the different practice areas within the firm
- Professional development and networking opportunities with clients and referral sources for the firm
- Experience and training with regard to timekeeping and billing; legal research and writing; and negotiation
We believe in providing substantive feedback to each Summer Associate on his/her performance and their progress over the course of the program. Throughout the summer, your firm mentors and practice group leaders will provide feedback on your performance on each project. In addition, you will receive a formal evaluation of your performance at the midpoint and conclusion of your summer employment. We also encourage Summer Associates to provide comments and feedback on any assignments or the Summer Program to their mentors.
We have three offices within the Greater Cincinnati and Greater Louisville market, so travel between the offices may vary depending on need.
Please submit your resume, law school transcript and cover letter to email@example.com to be considered for this annual program.