Robert M. Hoffer is DBL Law’s Managing Partner. He represents employers of all sizes including some of the largest throughout the Kentucky and Greater Cincinnati area. His employment law practice covers all issues impacting employers on a daily basis including compliance with the state and federal employment laws. In his career, Bob has worked closely with all state and federal administrative agencies including the EEOC, DOL, DOJ, Kentucky Commission on Human Rights, Kentucky Labor Cabinet and the Ohio Civil Rights Commission. A large part of Bob’s practice includes litigating employment cases in federal and state courts.
Bob has represented hospitals and physicians for over 30 years on employment and medical negligence issues. He has successfully litigated many cases throughout the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Bob has successfully defended his clients in the following cases:
- Obtaining summary judgment in a case involving disability discrimination in federal court which was affirmed by the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, writ of certiorari denied by the United States Supreme Court
- Obtaining temporary injunction in Kentucky state court on a covenant not-to-compete agreement
- Successfully enforcing a non-compete in Kentucky Supreme Court and Court of Appeals
- Obtaining multiple summary judgments in wrongful discharge cases in Kentucky State court
- Obtaining jury verdict for a physician in a case involving the death of a child as a result of neonatal herpes encephalitis
- Numerous successful mediations with the EEOC as well as in medical negligence cases
- Bob also represents the interests of his clients in Kentucky and Ohio probate matters
Bob and his wife reside in Ft. Mitchell.