As a valued partner to DBL Law, BakerHostetler’s International Disputes practice team will present the first program in a series of in-depth presentations and discussions that explore key legal and commercial issues unique to international contracts. It will include an in-person event and a webinar.
The program will be Thursday, Oct. 29, 2015, from 7:30 – 9 a.m. CDT for the in-person event (WEBINAR will start at 8 a.m. CDT).
Each presentation will be taught by experts from the legal and commercial sectors.
The event will cover:
- Choice of law – avoiding unintended consequences
- Choice of forum – choosing between arbitration or litigation in a foreign land
- Comparison of international arbitration forums – the difference between various international arbitration tribunals
- How to limit the length, scope, and cost of proceedings
- Currency repatriation – how do you make sure you can get paid or return the money home?
- Enforceability or avoidance of an award or judgment