DBL Law, a full-service multi-office law firm, is seeking a Litigation Paralegal for the Crestview Hills, KY location. This position will provide paralegal support for the Litigation and Medical Malpractice Groups. The position offers competitive salary, good benefits and pleasant working conditions.
Successful candidates must be able to assist with all aspects of the litigation cycle including without limitation: discovery, document preparation, legal research, trial preparation and trial assistance. Excellent written and verbal communication, strong prioritization and organizational skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, strong critical thinking, ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities with short deadlines, and ability to work on a team in a dynamic environment are essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist attorneys in preparation for hearings and trials; assist with discovery; investigating facts; researching; and other miscellaneous duties
- Effectively prioritize work and monitor deadlines
- File and retrieve court documents electronically for State and Federal Court in Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana
- Track and type your time in LMS system
- Information Management:
- Organize, index and track files; maintain files which are organized chronologically, numerically and/or by subject matter
- Create, maintain, and retire files according to attorney/client preference
- Assist attorneys in managing client contacts, emails, and hard copy documents
- Research skills
- Analytical skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Planning and organizing
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in the following software applications:
- Microsoft Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook – be able to consistently style, format, edit, text, data or graphics resulting in a professional document for the client.
- Create spreadsheets and presentations
- Nuance PDF Converter – bates stamping, redaction and combining of pdfs
- Produce documents on CDs
- WorkSite/iManage – maintain client matter files in paper or electronically as directed by attorney, including the ability to scan and electronically hyperlink documents to indexes
- Records Retention – close files by scanning or shredding as appropriate
- Send secure emails via file transfer services
- Proofreading all documents for grammar, spelling, punctuation, format and content
- Maintains Client Confidential Information
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Professionalism, respect, flexibility and positive team attitude
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
DBL Law, Attention HR Manager, 207 Thomas More Parkway, Crestview Hills, KY 41017
Or via email to: Careers@dbllaw.com.