ExcelExchanges is a 1031 exchange intermediary committed to providing professional client service, efficiency, value, reliability and peace of mind. Our team of tax attorneys and professionals structure, manage and document 1031 exchanges for clients across the country. Our services include:
- Consulting with our tax attorneys to determine how to maximize the tax benefits associated with 1031 exchanges;
- Preparing contracts and instruments necessary to complete 1031 exchanges in compliance with the Internal Revenue Code;
- Reporting the 1031 exchange on your tax return;
- Drafting tax opinion letters; and
- Coordinating and communicating with you, your counterparties, and the myriad of other parties involved with your 1031 exchange transaction.
What is a 1031 exchange?
Real property that is sold at a gain is generally subject to taxation. To defer the tax, real estate investors can utilize Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code which provides that no gain or loss is recognized if sales proceeds are invested into different real property and the investor otherwise complies with Section 1031. Importantly, the law prohibits the investor from receiving “actual or constructive receipt” of the sales proceeds. Due to this prohibition, almost every 1031 exchange involves the use of a qualified intermediary (i.e. ExcelExchanges).