- Broad experience in patent, trademark and other Intellectual Property (IP) matters
- IP team works with other DBL attorneys to manage and advise IP aspects in mergers, acquisitions and other transactions
Patents and Trademarks are Just the Beginning
DBL’s IP Practice Group provides services in many areas, with an emphasis on trademarks and licensing. We have extensive experience assisting Fortune 500 Companies, as well as smaller entities, individuals and foreign counsel in many areas including trademark clearance, prosecution and maintenance.
Recognizing the need for client-wide adoption of IP protection policies and practices, we develop attorney and paralegal trademark training programs as well as counsel marketing departments in all areas of IP (trademark, copyright and patent). We also assist clients with employee non-compete agreement enforcement and trade secret enforcement.
DBL’s IP team also offers services devoted to the legal issues affecting computers, the Internet, electronic commerce, information technology, biotechnology and the related technology issues that affect businesses today. We combine a thorough understanding of the issues unique to this field with broad knowledge of business and commercial legal issues.
Applying Experience In Intellectual Property, Business And Law
The attorneys in the IP Practice Group combine knowledge of the IP landscape with pragmatic legal and business advice, working as a team with other DBL attorneys in the handling of mergers, acquisitions, and other matters where intellectual property factors into the transactions.
A Full Range Of Services
Protection of intellectual property and trade secrets are critical to the success of any business today, not just technology companies. In addition, the technology of computers and the internet is changing on a daily basis. The rapid developments in IP and information technology, and their broad application in the marketplace, demand that the attorneys practicing in this area be business law generalists at the same time they develop a focused understanding of the unique issues in the technology arena. The following is a sampling of the kinds of issues the group addresses:
- Trademark, copyright, patent, and trade secret protection
- Formation, funding, mergers and acquisitions, especially those involving IP matters
- Technology commercialization, licensing, and transfer
- E-commerce, ISP, web site development, and hosting agreements
- E-mail, electronic communications, privacy, and social media policies and issues
Practice Related News