Economist Alan Beaulieu, featured speaker at the recent 14th Annual Manufacturer’s Seminar, shared his research and insights about key economic trends and the implications for business leaders. DBL sponsored the seminar jointly with Barnes-Dennig and Huntington Bank.
Alan, a principal at the Institute for Trend Research and Senior Economic Advisor to the National Association of Wholesalers, has been helping businesses see around the corner for years with a 94.7% accuracy rate. Here are a few insights from his seminar:
- In the short-term, thing seem to be improving
- Banks have started lending
- Leading economic indicators are up
- Retail sales are rising
- Construction is improving
- Long-term (2029) out look is not so good
- Deficit spending will continue
Alan identified these as potential growth areas:
- Natural Resources
- 3-D and Electronic Printing
- Funeral Services
What can your business do to weather the challenges ahead?
- Invest in technology and software that make your company more efficient
- Housing should rebound faster in this area of the country
- Greater Cincinnati area is a good place to be right now
- Leverage high growth sectors of the economy
- Take advantage of this short-term growth to invest in sales and marketing
If you would like to be included on the invitation list for the 2014 event, please contact Cheri Wagner at 859-426-2111 or send your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For ITR’s full economic trend report visit, http://itreconomics.com/itr-trends-report.« Back to news