Jim represents individuals and business entities in taxation, business formation, sales and purchasing transactions, estate planning, estate/trust administration, and real estate transactions, including Section 1031 Exchanges.
From April 1974 to June 2008, Jim was in private practice in Hyde Park Square in Cincinnati with several different partners and associates. He joined DBL Law as Of Counsel in July 2008. He retired from active practice in July 2015.
Mr. Rice has successfully served in the following:
- 50 + years experience in federal, state, and local income taxation, including compliance.
- Representation of individual and business before federal and state taxation authorities for audits and other tax controversies, including the US Tax Court.
- Numerous business representations, including taxation management, in the purchase or sale of business and real estate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions of various business entities.
- Settlement of estate/trusts, including serving as fiduciary for estates and trusts.
- Trustee for private trusts, including investment management.
- An Ohio court-appointed receiver to settle a family dispute in an estate settlement for a deceased owner.
Jim and his wife Eileen live in the Mt. Lookout area of Cincinnati. They have two adult children, Jason and Whitney (1974-2018), and two grandchildren, Alex and Lily.