James Rice - Of Counsel
James K. Rice represents individuals and business entities in: taxation; business formation; sales and purchasing transactions; estate planning; estate/trust administration; and real estate transactions, including Section 1031 Exchanges.
From April 1974 to June 2008, Mr. Rice was in private practice in Hyde Park Square in Cincinnati with several different partners and associates. He joined DBL as Of Counsel in July 2008.
Mr. Rice has successfully served in the following:
- 40 + years experience in federal, state and local income taxation, including compliance.
- Representation of individual and business before federal and state taxation authorities for audits and other tax controversies, including the US Tax Court.
- Numerous business representations, including taxation management, in the purchase or sale of business and real estate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions of various business entities.
- Settlement of estate/trusts, including serving as fiduciary for estates and trusts.
- Trustee for private trusts, including investment management.
- An Ohio court appointed receiver to settle a family dispute in an estate settlement for a deceased owner.
Jim and his wife Eileen live in the Mt. Lookout area of Cincinnati. They have two adult children, Jason and Whitney, and two grandchildren, Alex and Lily.
- Business Organizations & Taxation
- Estate Planning & Probate
- Real Estate
Admitted to Practice
- State of Ohio
- Commonwealth of Kentucky
- State of West Virginia
- U.S. Tax Court
Cincinnati Bar Association, Certified Grievance Committee Member 1993 to present
Kentucky State Bar Association
West Virginia State Bar Association
J.D., University of Cincinnati (1967)
B.B.A., University of Cincinnati (1964)
Southwestern Ohio Tax Institution
Various CLE presentations on Ohio Grievance Process
Martindale-Hubbell RatingAV Peer Review Rated