DBL Law is a full service law firm providing premier legal services and business advice in a collaborative manner with integrity, professionalism and respect, as a strategic partner with our clients. Our professionals operate with a high level of honesty and integrity, are community and civic leaders, and support justice for all. We strive to achieve results that continually exceed the expectations of our clients.
- A full-service law firm
- Offices in Cincinnati, Ohio, Northern Kentucky and Louisville
Depth And Breadth Of Experience
Dressman Benzinger LaVelle psc is a mid-sized full-service law firm with offices located in Cincinnati, Ohio, Crestview Hills, Kentucky and Louisville, Kentucky. Our attorneys provide a high level of valuable legal services to private individuals, institutions and companies in many industries and areas of law including:
A Tradition Of Excellence
Celebrating over 60 years of excellence, DBL Law traces its roots to the firm of Dressman, Dunn and Deters. Dressman and Dunn became judges, after which Charles Deters teamed with Gerald Benzinger and the late Jack LaVelle. In the years that followed, the firm grew to its present size, adopting the name Dressman Benzinger LaVelle psc in 2008. Today, DBL Law is the largest Northern Kentucky-based law firm and one of the larger firms in Greater Cincinnati and Louisville.
Full Service Includes Personal Service
DBL Law offers clients the same full scope and sophistication as a large law firm, but retains the responsiveness and accessibility of a small firm. The firm is organized into the following practice groups:
Elite Member of GGI
We are proud to be a selected member of GGI, Geneva Group International, which is one of the top ten worldwide alliances of independent, well-established and experienced accounting, consulting and law firms, committed to providing clients with specialist solutions for their national and international business requirements. As a member, all included firms are locally based and indigenous to their areas, providing the highest level of professionalism and expertise when it comes to knowledge of local business practices, laws and customs.
Awards and Recognition
DBL Law’s tradition of excellence is underscored by numerous professional awards for the firm and individual attorneys. Below is a sampling of these awards.
- David V. Kramer has been named on the of Top 50 Lawyers in Kentucky for 2016 by Super Lawyers
- U.S. News & World Report – Best Lawyers 2015 Best Law Firm Rankings has named DBL Law to the Best Law Firms list for 2015. DBL received Tier 1 rankings in the areas of Administrative/Regulatory Law, Construction Law and Health Care Law; as well as high rankings in Banking & Finance Law, Commercial Litigation and Antitrust Litigation. DBL Law has been consecutively named to the list since the publication’s inception in 2010.
- DBL Law has been recognized as the volunteer firm of the year by Northern Kentucky Volunteer Lawyers, Inc.
- DBL Law has consistently been named one of the Top 100 Workplaces in the region by the Cincinnati Enquirer and the national surveying firm Workplace Dynamics.
Individual Attorney Awards Best Lawyers in America ®
- DBL Managing Partner Jim Dressman and fellow partners Mark Guilfoyle, Joe Cleves, Kent Wicker, Gerry Benzinger, Jim Dietz, Matt Klein and Bob Stevens have been selected as Best Lawyers for 2015.
2016 Super Lawyers Kentucky Super Lawyers include:
- Mark D. Guilfoyle – Administrative Law
- Robert M. Hoffer – Employment & Labor
- David V. Kramer – Personal Injury Medical Malpractice Defense
- Richard G. Meyer – Business Litigation
- Kelly Schoening Holden – Employment & Labor
- Robert G. Stevens – Health Care
- Elizabeth G. Weber – Bankruptcy: Business
- Kent Wicker – Criminal Defense: White Collar
Kentucky Rising Stars
- Nicholas C. Birkenhauer – Employment & Labor
- Emily Kirtley Hanna – Creditor Debtor Rights
- Justin Knappick – Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- Christopher B. Markus – Civil Litigation: Defense
- Ryan M. McLane – Civil Litigation: Defense
Ohio Rising Stars
- Kevin F. Hoskins – Business Litigation
Individual community service awards and recognition can be found on the DBL attorney profiles.
Excellence in Citizenship
The firm is actively involved in Kentucky state government and handles a substantial number of regulatory proceedings in Kentucky. Partner David Kramer serves as the author of the leading treatise on Kentucky civil procedure, volumes 6 and 7 of West’s Kentucky Practice series.
In addition to practicing law, DBL Law attorneys contribute to legal publications, lecture on practice-related topics, act as expert witnesses and help improve our community by serving on the boards of numerous charitable and non-profit organizations. For more details on the attorneys of Dressman Benzinger LaVelle, click on an individual’s name on our Attorney Profiles page.
DBL attorneys and staff carry on a tradition of dedicated service to a wide variety of community organizations, including, but not limited to, the below list. Please visit individual bios for more specific community involvement.
- 3CDC – Cincinnati Center City Development Corporation
- Alliance for Catholic Urban Education
- American Heart Association
- Baptist Health Foundation
- Boy Scouts of America, Dan Beard Council
- Care Net Pregnancy Services
- Catholic Inner-city Schools Education Fund (CISE)
- Children’s Home of Northern Kentucky
- Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber
- DCCH Center for Children and Families
- Diocese of Covington Catholic Charities
- Family Nurturing Center
- Fernside Cincinnati
- Freestore Foodbank
- Goering Center, University of Cincinnati
- Greater Louisville Inc.
- HealthPoint Family Care
- Home Builders Association of Northern Kentucky
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Leadership Northern Kentucky
- Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
- Northern Kentucky Society for Human Resource Management
- Northern Kentucky University Foundation
- Northern Kentucky Volunteer Lawyers
- Notre Dame Academy
- Senior Services of Northern Kentucky
- Serra International
- St. Charles Care Center
- St. Claire Regional Medical Center
- St. Elizabeth Healthcare Foundation
- Thomas More College
- Welcome House of Northern Kentucky